Saturday, June 6, 2009

Random Happenings...

So, my camera battery is permanently dead and until I get a new one you will have to deal with no pictures :)
We had a really fun week! On Tuesday we went to the Hogle Zoo with Kristi, Kell, Jeri, Kaiya, Aspen and Baby Emily. We had so much fun! Ryker is still a little bit too young to get the concept but he did see a few animals and get excited. He's definately his mother's child- loves people watching!
Today we went to the Providence monument dedication for their 150 year anniversary. We met Boyd K. Packer. I shook his hand and he took Ryker's hand and said "but he won't remember this." Well I will! It was great to be in the presence of such a great man. I have been so excited all week to meet him...he's my favorite apostle (doesn't everyone have a fav?)
After that fun time, we went to a BBQ with Dustin's family. His cute cousin Traci and her cute boys are up from Arizona so she planned it all. It was so great seeing everyone because it's usually only around the holidays that we all get together. We then played Milk Carton Baseball- so fun! You just cut the bottoms off of Clorox bottles (they work better and are sturdier) and then you have to catch AND throw with just the cartons. It was so funny- you have to put them on your head until the ball is pitched. All the uncles with them on their heads was a priceless picture (did I mention that I am SO mad that my camera is dead?!?)
Ryker turned 7 months old on Friday...time flies and I cannot believe that it's less than a half year until he's one! Love that little man...he sure gets around, crawling and pulling himself up. He's just starting to walk around the furniture and stood by himself for a few seconds today! YAY and UH-OH!
It has been a fun summer already and I can't wait for more good times!

No comments: