Sunday, October 5, 2008

Body Worlds and An Elk Widow

Hey Everyone,
I went to the Body World's exhibit today down at The Leonardo in Salt Lake. It was SO informational and interesting. Basically it's a guided tour of the human body. It is full of bodies that have been specially preserved. You walk through and read and listen about all the exhibits. Really really cool, but totally not for kids- so go if you can but leave the little ones home :)
It has a great message- that we have a lot of control of our bodies and that happiness is key in being healthy. Photography isn't allowed inside, I so wanted a picture with me next to one of them making a crazy face :)

Here's a picture- They dissect them so you can see all the organs.
In other news, only one month until my due date! He's just a movin' and shakin' ready to have some room I think. I got my nursery almost finished YAY and thanks mom! This is my last week of working- then it's just getting ready for baby! We still have no named picked out.
Dustin is on his elk hunt until Tuesday. I am a elk/deer/fish widow. It makes me laugh- they are up there FREEZING in sopping wet clothes, not seeing any elk, yet Dustin is still upbeat and having fun. Silly Boys!
I hope everyone is doing well, enjoying the fall weather. It's been a crazy few weeks and I along with everyone else is so excited for the baby to come.
Watching conference I was so touched by the talk by Brother Uchtdorf on hope. It is something that we all need to listen to, but especially me right now.

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
- 14th Dalai Lama (from Body Worlds)

Lots of love,
Ashley, Dustin and Baby Nielsen

1 comment:

Chelsie Sanders said...

that is so cool! I've wanted to go down there and see that museum. Steve's stomach doesn't do good with things like that though. The baby is coming soon! I hope everything is going good!