Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In Loving Memory...

"To know you was to love you".
Yesterday my step-dad Steve Thalman passed away following a short illness. Steve had been in my life for about 12 years and had been like a father to me.
We had so many fun times, especially in the past few weeks. We joked and laughed a lot and had a good time talking about everything. He was so fun and always had a great attitude. Dustin and Steve were also close. They went on a few fishing trips recently and Dustin came back with many fun memories and times. He really loved Steve too and we will both miss him dearly.
Steve was so excited to meet our new little guy. Steve just couldn't wait so he went up to spend some time with him before he comes. Steve will for sure teach him how to fish and hunt- I bet we'll have quite the outdoorsman! We're hoping the baby waits to come for at least a week so that he can spend more time with Steve and also so we can get through this hard time before we welcome the joy of a new baby.
I just wanted to write a little to commemorate this great man that we will all miss. We love you!
Love,
Ashley, Dustin and Baby Nielsen

3 comments:

josh and nat said...

Ash-
I just heard about Steve and then read your blog! I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope he enjoys baby nielsen as long as he can! If you need anything I am always here! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Love ya!

K said...

Sorry for your loss. You're time is getting so close for your little guy to come join your family! If you need anything, call me. I'd be happy to help.

Oakstream Photography said...

Oh wow Ashley I am SOOOO sorry to hear about your loss. That just made me soo sad!!!! (((HUGS))) my friend.