Monday, November 24, 2008

Gastric Reflux

Hey everyone,

So Ryker is doing good again but Friday night sure was not fun. He woke up at midnight like usual to eat but then he stayed awake till 7 screaming most of the time. I was like "this is not my baby!" because he is so chill and doesn't even cry, just fusses a little. He was also refusing to eat and I knew he was hungry. So we went to the doctor Saturday and they said he has Gastric/Acid Reflux. Thank goodness there is medicine for it because I was in tears when I called the doctor because he was so miserable. So this is our new best friend...

It is working well and last night he was back to normal. Having a baby is hard emotionally anyways but seeing them in pain, man it rips your heart right out!

In other news, Dustin is gearing up for coyote hunting. He is super excited because there is a pack of them just behind our house. Last year they didn't get any kills so hopefully they will this year. He just got a gun cabinet and inherited a whole bunch of hunting and fishing stuff so he is a happy camper. He loves spending time with Ryker and is dang cute with him. Funny how guys change when they get a little one, he's even cuter with everyone elses kids.

I am really enjoying my time at home with the baby. It's so fun to watch him grow. He's starting to get chubby cheeks and wrinkles on his chicken legs. He is also getting a personality and attitude. If he doesn't like something, he grunts and stiffens up. He is also rolling over and lifting his head up. He's a strong one, don't let his size fool you :) He's also a wiggle worm and loves to turn his head so that when I kiss his cheek he kisses me right on the lips. So dang cute!

I'm gearing up for Christmas, although it is not going to be the same this year because we have lost so many that we love. We are making this year all about family. Few gifts, just lots of time together.

Although I am excited that it's nearly Christmas, I am also sad because that means that it's sooner to me going back to school. I'll only be leaving him about 6 hours a week with either Dustin or my mom but I'll still have to take time out to finish my online stuff.

Here is a cute picture I just took. He was batting at that toy in front of him like it was driving him nuts. That's his annoyed face.

Bye for now. Everyone have a good Thanksgiving, we're just going to Dustin's grandparents for a little bit.

Lots of love,

Ashley, Dustin and Ryker

No comments: