Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trials

Along with all of the fun, exciting events, this past week has been full of trials for me (Ashley). At times like these you just want someone to talk to. Often times, the person you really want to talk to isn't available. There is plenty of support but I really like an outside opinion and someone who will just listen.
At times like these I turn to my Heavenly Father. I love primary songs and have been repeating the words to "Choose the Right" and "God Be With You Till' We Meet Again" to myself all day and at night when I can't sleep.
Prayer is all the more sacred to me and I now find myself praying at least once an hour. I am not trying to sound "holier than thou" by writing this but I think that I really need to bear my testimony and fast Sunday is a ways away.
Reading conference talks has been one of the only ways that I have been able to understand what is going on and why things are unfolding like they are. I gained a strong testimony of the growth that we receive from trials when my step-dad and grandfather died just before Ryker was born. I am so grateful for those precious times.
I write this blog for Ryker, so that he can know what events were important when he was small and so he can gain a heritage. I wanted to share a little bit so that I don't forget these times and the immense growth that comes with trial.
"There comes a time in everyone’s life when he or she must turn to our Heavenly Father for help and have faith in His eternal wisdom. During times of trial and repentance, we feel only the pain. But after the pain has gone, we begin to understand."
Although ultimately the trials I am going through are going to be resolved by other people's decisions, I am learning to have faith in His plan. I can't control anything or anyone, but I find peace in knowing that it will all be okay in one way or another.
I just want my family that reads this to know how much I truly love everyone. I have gotten so much closer to them already and know that this will continue. I want my son to know (when he can read :) that I believe in my Heavenly Father and His eternal plan and that happiness comes from choosing the right.
I hope that I can come out of this time a stronger person with stronger faith.

4 comments:

K said...

Ashley,

Not sure what you're going through, but it sounds like you're doing all the right things you need to do to make it through. If you ever need to talk, I think you still know how to get a hold of me:)

Bre said...

I agree with you 100% with all that your wrote, and trials do suck and that is why we are put here on earth for different trials remember, love you and we are all here for you and eachother. Prayer is what gets me through it all too and the lovely music too! Miss seeing you, please call and lets get together! 512-9941!

Lisa said...

Trials are so hard! I remember a talk that said to be grateful for trials though it may seem hard, because those trials will help you to appreciate all of your blessings! You are such a great person! I've really enjoyed getting to know you these past couple years and I only hope that we can become closer! And if there is anything you need, please let me know!.. loves.

Jonathan and Chelsea said...

It's funny cause I just stumbled on your blog today and started reading. I know this post wasn't for random people of the past to take in, But it is one of the best things I could have read right now. Thank you for posting it!
I hope everything works out with you. Your son is so ADORABLE!!