He is so big. Things he can do- hold his head up (amazing that he has done this since birth), 'stand up' and about wiggle out of your arms (do they make jumparoo's for 7 pound one month olds?), crack a half smile, coo mostly at his toys and roll over from belly to back.
There are a few things that I have learned in the past few weeks.
1. Cheap diapers work good. Watch out for pee when you change a boy (still working on that, he peed all over twice today!)
2. He is the only person I will kiss and say 'I love you' to after he pukes/poops/farts/burps :)
3. Not getting a full nights sleep isn't that bad and when you wake up to a happy healthy baby in the morning, you literally forget about the night before.
4. Having a baby is the best thing that has ever happened to Dustin and I. We love each other more than ever and he adds a bond that I can't describe.
5. He is truly an angel. We have had way too many losses this year, but if Heavenly Father needed all of those people just so we could get Ryker, I am truly grateful.
Speaking of losses...we have had two more in my family, bringing the total to 4 this year. My mom's cousin (so I guess my second cousin) and his wife (Curtis and Tammy Anderson) were killed in the bad wreck in Sardine Canyon on Friday night. They leave behind their two children and the rest of their family who will miss them deeply. Too sad and too many losses this year. Hopefully 2009 is better!
I have to share the so cute pictures that we had taken this weekend...